Thursday Night Fun

I walked to McDonald’s tonight for a $0.50/150 calorie ice cream.  It’s a 3 mile round trip walk and it’s nice to get out on the path and do some jogging/walking/crawling, you might know how I walk.  Tonight was different because we were going for dinner too.  Not for me, because who really eats at McD’s anymore, but the girls got cheeseburgers because I hadn’t taken anything out for dinner.  

Kasey and Lindsey were riding bikes and Shelby stayed home to do homework.  I wore my iPod and was kind of excited to listen to music on the way up there, I never wear my iPod.  Unfortunately my iPod and all the awesome workout music I have was sidelined by Lindsey’s constant chatting.  I ran next to her while she pedaled slowly in order to tell me every single detail of her entire day.  God love her.  Then on the way back we tried to share headphones while I ran next to her bike.  I’m sure it was quite a sight, but we only had four minutes to save the world.

So back to McDonald’s, we’d just gotten our goodies and were sitting outside next to our bikes when there was a huge popping noise.  Think balloon only magnified, or car backfiring.  The first thing I thought was, “I’m hit!”.  I had no idea what was going on.  There was a group of teenagers walking across the parking lot and in my judgey mcjudgerson way, I assumed that they had done something.  Hoodlums.   The noise was really close though.  Kasey said, “I think that was Lindsey’s tire,” and I said, “No, tires don’t do that.”  Guess what?  They do.  They apparently can spontaneously combust.   All I can say is thank God she wasn’t on it.

There we are with a completely exploded tube inside her tire and no one to come get her.  Their first instinct (and sometimes mine) is that we need to call someone for help, but I really want them to be able to take care of themselves without always relying on someone else.  Imagine our luck that we were in the same parking lot as a bike shop.  The exact same bike shop that I had to stop in a few weeks ago to get air, only to be told that my tires had dry rot.  Who knew.  So right before my eyes, the awesome bike mechanic put her bike on the rack and fixed that tire in less than 10 minutes.  I love people. 

My $0.50 ice cream turned into a $10.00 dinner and an $11.00 tube replacement, but we made it home safe and sound; and for a two work-out day, it wasn’t so bad.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: